Friday, March 13, 2015

Recipe- Chicken Salad


CHICKEN SALAD

This is something that I always overlook! I prep so much chicken on my meal prep day that I forget what yummy things I can make out of it! This recipe is easy and very versatile so dress it up anyway you want! Again, I'm eating it for lunch today as I type- dripping everywhere!
Today is a low/no carb day so I'm eating mine on large romaine lettuce leaves. On a high carb day enjoy it on your favorite whole grain bread or in a tortilla wrap!


Ingredients: (quantities are for this two leaf serving, you can make more and stores well)

3-4 oz cooked chopped chicken breast (I used a rotisserie chicken from prep day)
2 - 3 tablespoons sliced or diced pimento
2-3 finely diced celery stalks
2-3 tablespoons miracle whip or mayo
Salt & pepper to taste



Putting it together:

I prefer my chicken salad finely chopped so everything gets a really good going over with my knife. Add all ingredients to a medium mixing bowl and mix together! Done! How easy was that?

Put on top of 2 large romaine lettuce leaves and enjoy, eat with crackers or toast, put on your favorite whole grain bread, sourdough bread, atop your favorite salad mix or in a tortilla for a wrap!

**Salad can be mixed ahead of time; however, only stays fresh and crisp for about 2 days.Make it easier to put together by keeping chopped chicken and finely chopped celery pre bagged in your fridge or freezer!

Blessings,

3.1runmom





1 comment: