Thursday, March 12, 2015

Breakfast Recipe - Wraps!




BREAKFAST WRAPS
(this is my breakfast this morning, in fact, I'm eating it as I type!)

I really like "burrito style wraps". They are versatile, travel well, freeze well and you can stuff them with just about anything you want! I was dreaming about this particular one this morning during my workout! Ha! And I was telling Chris all the details about what was going into it, the prep, etc! My workout was all about the food this morning!




Ingredients:

1 Tortilla of your choice ( I use Ole brand and I have more about those at the end of this post)
1 egg or 1 cup of egg substitute (I usually use egg beaters single serve cups)
1 cup diced vegetable of your choice (today I used zucchini)
1 cup diced potato (I make 4 baked potatoes on prep day and keep them in my fridge then dice and heat and saute with my veg)
3 - 4 strips of Turkey bacon or meat of your choice (chicken or ground meats work well too)
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt, pepper and other seasoning to taste
Salsa to taste on the side



Putting it together:

I use only one 10" fry pan for this meal. Start by cooking your turkey bacon. I cut my strips in half before cooking so they are ready to go. Next saute your vegetable and pre cooked potato dices with 1/2 the olive oil and seasoning. Last cook your egg to taste. I usually scramble mine but you could easily to fried or over easy, however you like it.

(I only used about 1/2 of what I made so I'll probably have this for dinner as well!)

Next assemble your wrap. Lay tortilla on plate. Layer ingredients then wrap. Start by folding outside edges in, then fold away from you in a tight wrap. I have cut mine in half for convenience but you can leave whole. Serve with salsa on the side.


It's a wrap! Easy peasy!

** you can fill this wrap with whatever you want, whatever your favorites are.
** you can make more than one and they do freeze well or keep in the fridge for later

MORE ON THE TORTILLAS:

**These tortillas are 1 WW point each! They are FULL SIZE and really delicious! They have the texture of a flour tortilla but are made with whole wheat.

**They come in three flavors: tomato basil (my fav), spinach (my daughter's fav) and whole wheat. I find that all WalMarts carry all three flavors regularly. They are located by the tortillas that are near the hot dog/hamburger buns. DON'T go looking for them by the tortillas in the deli area!

**Nutritional Info: 
90 cals each
0 fat
0 cholesterol
350 mg sodium
14 g carbs
9 g fiber
0 sugar
5 g protein
*They do unfortunately contain wheat gluten

Enjoy!
3.1runmom

1 comment: