Friday, February 27, 2015

Mind, Body & Soul


Mind, Body & Soul


Why choose this title for my blog?
It describes the daily journey that each of us is on! Our mind is not on a journey of its own and cannot be disconnected from our body or our soul.
Now....
here's where I will probably get some interesting comments.
I could have added the word "spirit". I could have used the word "spirit" instead of soul.
My personal view, based on reading of Scripture is that a person's "soul" and"spirit" are one in the same. Scriptures refer to it as our "spirit". We (human beings) tend to use the word "soul".
In either case....
it defines the internal center of our being that transcends death.
I know that is not a long theological analysis (and I can send you one if you like) but for blog purposes it is sufficient!

The Bible makes a great reference to these three elements working separately but together. 
I Corinthians 12:14 - 27

Paul is describing what the body of Christ looks like to the Church at Corinth because they were divided. He says:

"Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body.And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body.If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.If they were all one part, where would the body be?"

So.....some days on this journey my mind (thoughts) wants to be in control, some days my body (physical) wants to be in control and some days my soul/spirit wants to be in control. The idea is to get them working together in harmony to achieve what God ultimately wants for all of them! 

This is where focus, meditation and prayer come into my journey. My soul/spirit is ultimately the leader because it is the part of my being that connect with God through the Holy Spirit!

My soul/spirit needs to take the lead over what my mind and body want to do because usually these two team up to take the "easy" route which isn't always the best route on this journey!

Who is in control of your journey?

3.1runmom

No comments:

Post a Comment